Ethiopian Job by GOAL Ethiopia
Job title: Senior Administration and Human Resource Officer
Location: Head Office _ Addis Ababa
Reference No: HO/ 0142 /18
Closing date August 26, 2018
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
GOAL Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years starting from 1984, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resiliency and humanitarian responses by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues like gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS, etc. Currently, we work with street children, pastoralists and rural small holders and respond to humanitarian crises in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors. We envision a world where poverty and hunger no longer exist, where communities are resilient and prepared for seasonal shocks, where structural and cultural barriers to growth are removed and where every man, woman and child, has equal right and access to resources and opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GOAL Ethiopia is looking for a competent, motivated and experienced Senior Admin. & HR Officer to join GOAL Ethiopia, Head office team in Addis Ababa and this is will be an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team. The Senior Admin & HR Officer will be responsible for the overall human resource management activities including recruitment, staff benefit administration, handling HR correspondences, processing staff termination, staff payroll administration, maintaining HR documentation, providing information to & guiding staff in relation to elements of the HR Manual, work towards the proper implementation of the HR Manual, follow up expat administration, involve in staff training and development issues and liaising with HR focal persons in programme office level with regards to the above-mentioned HR issues.
You’ll be an experienced Senior Admin & HR Officer who will be expected to work in close collaboration with Programme and support staff in field and Head Office. you will also be expected to have a functional support and supervisory role to Admin and HR focal persons in field office level in guiding, directing, capacitating and following up on their performance and delivery of the required out put together with the line Managers.
You’ll be responsible for;
Recommending and executing policies, procedures, rules, regulations for employees in compliance with GOAL Ethiopia HR manual and the countries laws.
Planning and facilitating HR activities in the team: recruitment, contract and benefit administration, performance management, training and development, employee relation, data recording, termination and the like as per GOAL Ethiopia standard.
Assisting the progress of job planning and performance management
Ensuring proper staffing plan is in place and the job descriptions for current/new positions is updated and recorded appropriately.
Maintain current organizational chart and current staff contact list
Provide coaching and training to HR representative
Monitoring and recording employee time sheets and leave requests
Support for procedures or papers relating to personnel or staffing issues
Conduct instruction for staff members about admin and HR procedures
Handling internarial staff employment issues and / or visitors process
Organized and facilities events
Perform other assignments/duties given by your line manager
- Diploma/BA in HRM, Business/Public Administration, Management or related field with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience for Diploma holder and 3 yrs. experience for BA holder work experience as HR officer or similar post.
- Experience in handling HR activities, knowledge in interpretation and application of Ethiopian Labor law
- General management/administration skills
- Very good human relation skills, ability to explain
- Very good planning & organizing skills, very good orientation to detail
- High commitment to maintain an up-to-date and efficient HR information and record keeping system
- Adherence to the requirements set by the HR Manual and donor guidelines
- High commitment to confidentiality
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with an international country team.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations outside Addis Ababa.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Sensitive to cross cutting issues like gender, HIV/ADIS, child protection and accounting and Gender.
- Team oriented, flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered desirable for the specific post):
- Work experience in NGO Sector
- Work experience in NGO Sector
- Experience in working for an organization with significant number of staff and filed offices.
- Masters in HRM or related fields.
- Training in HR related areas.
- Knowhow of local language
Remuneration & Benefits:
Salary: as per the organization scale
Pension: (11% from employer and 7% from employee)
Transportation Allowance: 10% of monthly salary
Taxi Fare: 300/month
Medical Allowance: Birr 6500/annum (will be added in your monthly salary)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply on line in – www.ethiojobs.net or send together with non-returnable CV and essential documents to the Administration & Human Resources Department, GOAL Ethiopia P. O. Box 5504, Addis Ababa.
We require all applicants to fill in the Application Employment Form (you can get this form from (http://docs.ethiojobs.net/Goal_Ethiopia_Application_Form.docx)
Only those applicants who fill the application form will be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.