Ethiopian Job by Armauer Hansen Research Inistitute(AHRI)
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate for the position of Junior Researcher.
The Role of the Junior Researcher – Laboratory Technologist:
The laboratory technician shall be based at AHRI lab but She/ he mainly do sample collection and lab work at field sites. The laboratory technologist will execute quality laboratory analyses timely on specimens collected from study sites, closely work data entry clerk for proper data entry.
– Collect pool of specimens from field sites for further routine lab analyses
– Perform appropriate lab test and analyses on a timely manner
– Ensure laboratory safety and regulations
– Ensure proper handling, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment
– Strictly abide to study-specific standard operating procedures (SOPs)
– Ensure generating quality data
– Follow GCLP practices
– Handle any lab related duty given by the lab supervisor, quality officer or the PI
– Transfer quality laboratory data to the PI/core team and AHRI data management
ersonal Specification: Qualification and Essential skills
– BSc in Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution AND Minimum GPA 3.00 for male and 2.75 for female
– Excellent interpersonal communication skill and proficient English skill
– Strong computer literacy (MS office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet use)
– Experience in immunological work especially flow cytometry (preferred)
– Training on GCLP, bio-safety practices and quality control/assurance (preferred)
– Strong organizational skills
– A high level of attention to details
– Ability to work with others/team work, including international collaborators
– Open for discussion and learning
– Ability to problem solving
– Well organized; flexible to working off-working hours or weekends as needed
– Willingness to take up additional responsibilities and continuous training as needed
– Willing to work in the field site outside Addis Ababa
– Strong organizational and coordination skills especially in the lab for timely data reporting
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before August 26, 2018.
- A CV/resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page, describing why you wanted to apply for the position and how you meet the requirements for the position)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process
· The recruitment will involve individual screening of applications, followed by interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
Employment Type: One year contract period with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.
Please DO NOT ATTACHES any other documents.
No. Required: 01 (one)
Deadline Aug 26, 2018